In the opening keynote of last day (Day 1 & Day 2) of TheServerSide Java Symposium, Joe asked the following questions, to an audience of approx 500 Java developers, receiving instant feedback.
How satisfied are you with Sun ?
How important is that a tool or library be open source ?
|Death to closed source!
|Definitely prefer open source
|I don’t care
|Being open help s a little
|Open source people are communities
Which of the following best describes your company ?
|We are an open source producer
|We use open source but don’t contribute to it
|We produce open source and proprietary software
|We don’t have anything to do with open source
I attended 2 more talks on Writing Big Apps with Google Web Toolkit and Scripting API in Java SE 6 that day and left around right after lunch to catch my flight back home.
Technorati: theserverside sun
- Day 2 @ The Server Side Java Symposium
- Rails powered by GlassFish & jMaki @ The Server Side Java Symposium, Las Vegas – Mar 26, 2008
- Sun @ The Server Side Java Symposium
- Day 1 @ The Server Side Java Symposium
- Sun Keynote @ TheServerSide Java Symposium
No comments yet.