The Web services support in NetBeans 6 is further simplified from NetBeans 5.5.1. There are two main points I like:
- Integral support for Security, Reliability and Transactions on an endpoint. This means there is no need to download any additional plug-in.
- A new Web Services Designer allows to design the Web service visually. This lowers the entry barrier for first-time users.
There are other minor enhancements as well which makes the overall experience much more pleasant. This screencast shows how a Secure and Reliable Web service can be easily developed using NetBeans 6 and deployed on Metro/GlassFish.
Enjoy it here!
- Screencast #WS3: Reliable and Interoperable Web service using WSIT plug-in, NetBeans and GlassFish
- Screencast #29: Web service using NetBeans 6.8 and GlassFish v3 (Accessing database in business method)
- Screencast #WS1: Web services development using NetBeans IDE and GlassFish
- Screencast #WS2: Invoking a Web service using NetBeans IDE
- TOTD #21: Metro 1.1 with GlassFish v2 UR1 and NetBeans 6