Here are some pictures of the food I’ve eaten so far:
Here are some of the characteristics of Thali (first 3 pictures):
- Banana leaf is used as the base for serving the food – clean and green
- A large variety of items are served, including the traditional sambar/rasam/rice/yogurt
- Modular – Items are served in a pre-defined order.
Over the lunch table, we were talking how this correlates to GlassFish v3:
- HK2 is the core kernel – clean (written from scratch) and light-weight (green)
- GlassFish v3 is a container that can do the traditional JavaEE and much more such as JRuby, PHP & Phobos.
- Modular – Appropriate containers are loaded only if they are required. For example Web container is loaded only if there are any web applications deployed. Similarly for JRuby, PHP & Phobos as well.
Do you see any other similarity ?
And finally the Dosa (making & the final product)
And even a Biryani on the plane too