Read all details on how to download, install and getting started here. The image below shows a snapshot of Update Center with the latest module selected:
After following all the steps (had to manually set executable perms on jruby-1.1.1/bin/jruby), your application is now hosted at “http://localhost:8080/HelloWorldRailsApp/say/hello” and shows the following output:
The generated “HelloWorldRailsApp.war” is approx 8.5 Mb and could quickly grow depending upon the gems installed and other factors. As an alternative, you can consider shared deployment as explained in each sample’s GLASSFISH_README.txt.
- JRuby-on-GlassFish Update Center Module – Now Updated with JRuby 1.0.2
- TOTD # 73: JRuby and GlassFish Integration Test #4: JRuby 1.2.0 RC2 + Rails 2.2.x + GlassFish v2 + Warbler
- Screencast #Web 9: JRuby-on-Rails standalone and shared WARs in GlassFish
- TOTD #24: Getting Started with Rails 2.0.x in JRuby 1.0.3 and JRuby 1.1RC1
- WAR-based Packaging and Deployment of Rails on GlassFish – Goldspike, RailServlet, Warbler, Rack, …