- Modularity using OSGi
- Rapid deployment using retain session data across HTTP redeploys and deploy-on-save
- Dynamic languages and frameworks
- Faster start up time
- Integrated NetBeans and Eclipse tooling
- Comet and Cometd
This screencast shows how you can create a simple Web application using JSP and Servlets in Eclipse 3.4, deploy it directly on GlassFish v3, use rapid deployment, and debug the application.
The GlassFish plugin for Eclipse has many more features than demonstrated in this screencast and are explained here.
- Screencast #27: Simple Web Application using NetBeans 6.5 IDE and GlassFish v3 Prelude
- Screencast #26: Develop/Run/Debug Rails application using NetBeans IDE and GlassFish v3 Prelude
- Screencast #WS6: Eclipse Europa and GlassFish
- Screencast #Web3: jMaki in Eclipse
- Screencast #31: Java EE 6 using GlassFish and Eclipse 3.6 – Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse 184.108.40.206 is now available – 5 new screencasts