Sidsel Jensen is a Sun Campus Ambassador at University of Copenhagen, Denmark. She configured GlassFish in her department to be used by 120 freshman programmers. Starting with a standard HP DL360 G5 rack server, installing Gentoo Linux, NetBeans for deployment of web apps to a remote GlassFish, creating multiple domains and even performance tuning the Application Server.
Read all the details in Gone Fishing for GlassFish.
Thank you Sidsel for using GlassFish and sharing the steps with rest of the community!
If you are interested in learning/talking about GlassFish at your university, spotlight.dev.java.net/start provides a comprehensive set of slides (with speaker notes), demos, screencasts, training materials and other resources to get you started!
- GlassFish @ University of Essex and Frankfurt – Go Campus Ambassadors!
- OSUM – Open Source University Meetup – awesome venue for students!
- GlassFish @ University of Ixtlahuaca, Mexico – Coming Up on Jan 26!
- GlassFish Workshop at University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee – Mar 20, 2009
- “Sparks of passion” in the “world of Open Source” – Archana N contributes to GlassFish Documentation