Devoxx Belgium is the one of the finest developer conferences in Europe. This year it’s running from Nov 6-10 in Antwerp, Belgium. I certainly have the privilege of being involved with the conference for a several years now.
What are some of the cool things about this conference?
- Rock star speakers from around the world with 3 hrs Deep Dive sessions, Conference Session, Birds of Feather, Hands-on Lab, Ignite, Quickie and of course an inspiring opening and closing keynote.
- Pioneers of theater-style seating – This not only provides comfortable seating
for each attendee but the screens are very clearly visible to everybody in the room.
- All talks recorded and released on youtube.
- No need to pre-register for a session, just show up and watch. If you miss it, then just watch the replay on youtube later.
- Community votes on whiteboard – Attendees gets a chance to vote on topics ranging from their favorite non-Java language, operating system, or anything you like.
- Thursday night movie
- Fries with mayo
- Belgian beer and chocolates
- We are called Devoxxians!
I’m sure there are other cool things that can be said
Conference’s Call for Papers (called as Call for Passion) is running. There are multiple tracks:
- Big Data & Machine Learning
- Cloud, Containers & Infrastructure
- Mind the Geek
- Java Language
- Programming Languages
- Methodology & Culture
- Mobile & IOT
- Architecture & Security
- Server-side Java
- Modern Web
Descriptions for each track is explained at cfp.devoxx.be.
I’m helping with the Cloud, Containers and Infrastructure track. Here are some suggested topics that we are looking in that track:
- FaaS + Serverless (101, 201, 301, debugging dev/test, different cloud providers)
- Serverless in Production (ideally from a customer, different cloud providers)
- Latest deep dive on Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, DC/OS
- Setting up container pipeline using Chef/Puppet/Salt/Ansible
- Continuous Delivery of Microservices using Containers
- Microservices using Netflix OSS
- Docker and Java (cores, memory, packaging, base image etc)
- Service discovery in microservices (different approaches, w/ and w/o containers –
- Prometheus, NewRelic, DataDog, Weave, etc)
- Monitoring containers in production
- Migrating from VMs to Containers
- Design patterns and Anti-patterns
- Gotchas, Tips & Tricks for AWS, Google Cloud, Azure and other providers
- Any other topic that you feel is relevant
Make the job of the program committee extremely difficult. CFP ends Jul 7.