Red Hat JBoss EAP 6.x is a fast, secure, powerful middleware platform built upon standards, and compliant with Java EE 6 specification. It integrates JBoss Application Server 7 with high-availability clustering, powerful messaging, distributed caching, and other technologies to create a stable and scalable platform. It boasts of innovative modular and cloudy-ready architecture, powerful management and automation, and world class developer productivity.
JBoss EAP 6.2 is now available – download now!
New features in this release are listed here. The main highlights are:
- Role Based Access Control (RBAC): Provides an administrator with the ability to assign users or groups to roles with defined permissions to EAP management interfaces. By providing “separation of duties” for management users, JBoss EAP 6.2 makes it easy for an organization to spread responsibility between individuals or groups without granting unnecessary privileges. More details here.
- Patching: Management operations to install patches, roll-back patches, and report patch state have been implemented. These operations enable users to install CVE, single, and cumulative patches in JBoss EAP 6.2 releases and beyond. The operations are exposed in the CLI, Native, and HTTP management interfaces. The operations will be exposed in the console in a later release.
- Administrative Audit Logging: New configuration options for logging of administrative actions such as logging of all connection and authentication events, logging of all admin operations through any of the administrative interfaces, collection of time, user, interface, originating ip and more. Management access to the audit log configuration can be scoped to Auditor role defined in RBAC configuration.
A comprehensive documentation for all EAP releases is available here.
Here are some useful references for JBoss EAP 6.2 to get started:
- Installation Guide
- Release Notes
- Development Guide
- Administration and Configuration Guide
- Migration Guide (from JBoss EAP 5.x)
- Security Guide
You can also download a development-only binary from jboss.org/products/eap.
Unlock yourself from from the shackles of closed source proprietary application servers. JBoss EAP Comparison Calculator shows how JBoss EAP saves 90+% costs over WebLogic and WebSphere.
Download JBoss EAP 6.2 and try it today! #OnlyJBoss