Seems like my departure from Red Hat surprised a lot of people, at least that seems to be the primary reaction on twitter:
Blogged: Au Revoir Red Hat: This Friday (Sep 18, 2015) is my last day at Red Hat! I’ve throughly enjoyed my ti… http://t.co/AShLO406V5
— Arun Gupta (@arungupta) September 17, 2015
So what is my new gig?
I run the Developer Advocacy team at Couchbase.
Couchbase is an open-source, NoSQL, document-oriented database that can be used both as a document database that stores JSON documents or a pure key-value database.
Read Why NoSQL to learn more about how Digital Transformation is necessitating the need of NoSQL in this economy.
Read Couchbase Customer Case Studies to learn more about who is using our product.
Some of the feedback on me joining Couchbase is very encouraging:
— David Blevins (@dblevins) September 22, 2015
— Sharat (@Sharat_Chander) September 18, 2015
@arungupta Wow! Best wishes for the future Arun – I know whatever you do will see a lot of energy injected into it!
— Daniel Bryant (@danielbryantuk) September 18, 2015
@arungupta add to that your endurance and positive energy and magic will happen
— David Blevins (@dblevins) September 17, 2015
Developer Advocacy Team at Couchbase
Here are the team members:
|Laura Czajkowski (@Czajkowski, blog)|
|Laurent Doguin (@ldoguin, blog)|
|James Nocentini (@jamiltz, blog)|
|Martin Esmann (@martinesmann, blog)|
|Matthew Revell (@matthewrevell, blog)|
|Nic Raboy (@nraboy, blog)|
|William Hoang (@sweetiewill, blog)|
Feel free to ping any of them, including myself, to learn any aspect of Couchbase!
What is Developer Advocacy at Couchbase?
This team is responsible for making sure developers know all the cool features of Couchbase and can use them effectively. These could be developers who have never heard of Couchbase or may be power users and have a very specific need – we cater to all of them. The team is equipped to handle all your needs!
How do we do that?
- Try the latest releases and create demos, samples and presentations explaining different features in simple terms
- Prepare hands-on lab / workshops and deliver them
- Speak at different events around the world
- Write blogs and engage on social media (Twitter, Forums, etc)
- We are all geeks at heart and like playing with technology
All our latest content is at developer.couchbase.com.
Couchbase and You
When is Couchbase relevant for you?
- Are you building applications that use Cloud, Mobile, Social Media, Big Data, and/or IoT? Couchbase is for you!
- Do you want the ability to query JSON documents stored in your database using declarative query language?
- Do you want multi-dimensional scaling?
- Do you want to scale from a single node to hundreds of NoSQL nodes, very easily?
- Cross data center replication?
- Secure, reliable, powerful, available NoSQL datastore
- Java EE, Spring, Spring, Hadoop, ForestDB, Docker, Kubernetes, Vagrant, PhoneGap, ElasticSearch, RxJava, and several other frameworks.
If you are using or interested in any of the areas mentioned above, then Couchbase is for you!
Does your Java, Node.js, .NET, Python, PHP, Ruby, C, Go, Mobile, Big Data, NoSQL, or any other User Group would like to learn how to use Couchbase for solving your NoSQL needs?
We are here to serve, and look forward to talk to you!
Latest releases are available at Couchbase Download Page.
Subsequent blogs will provide details on how to get started with Couchbase and much more to simplify your journey in the NoSQL land!
The new gig also changes the version of this blog to 3.0. Looking forward to hearing what would you like to know about Couchbase.