Couchbase Mobile comes with three components:
- Couchbase Lite – A fully functional, on-device, lightweight, native, embedded NoSQL database.
- Sync Gateway – Everything you need to securely sync on-device Couchbase Lite with Couchbase Server in the cloud.
- Couchbase Server – A high performance, scalable, always-on NoSQL database in the cloud.
Couchbase Mobile can be installed on iOS, Android, Xamarin and a variety of other platforms.
Zack Gramana is Couchbase Mobile Product Manager. In this brief interview, he talks about why Couchbase Mobile is the right choice as a mobile database on Xamarin:
Here are the specific questions that are discussed:
- Quick introduction to Couchbase Mobile
- Why Xamarin developers should care about Couchbase Mobile?
- How can Xamarin developers get started with Couchbase Mobile?
- What are other mobile databases typically run on Xamarin? How is Couchbase different?
- What talk are you giving at Xamarin Evolve? Why should developers attend that talk?
- What are you showing at the booth?
Want to get started? Follow to developer.couchbase.com/mobile.
Make sure to stop by the Couchbase booth at Xamarin Evolve!