The Foothill college was sprawling with developers, architects, engineers, et al from all over the San Francisco Bay Area to attend the Silicon Valley Code Camp 2009. This was my third speaking engagement (2008, 2007) and the code camp has certainly matured over the last years. The attendance is steadily growing and the quality of sessions is become more mature as well.
Both the talks were demo intensive and showed Deploy-on-Save, Preserving session state across deployments, Java EE 6 wizards in NetBeans (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) and Eclipse (1, 2, 3), Metro JAX-WS Web services development in Eclipse, GlassFish v3 Monitoring, GlassFish v3 REST interface to management and monitoring and many others. All the demos are available as screencasts and/or blog entries and the complete set of links are listed in the presentations.
Here are some pictures from the event:
And the complete album at:
That’s it folks, see ya next year!
- Java EE 6 & GlassFish @ Silicon Valley Code Camp 2010 Trip Report – Slides Now Available
- Silicon Valley Code Camp Trip Report
- GlassFish @ Silicon Valley Code Camp 2008 – Trip Report
- Java EE 6, GlassFish, Eclipse, Dynamic Languages & Web Frameworks at Silicon Valley Code Camp 2009
- GlassFish @ Silicon Valley Code Camp 2008