Gaving King (+GavingKing), creator of Hibernate and Ceylon will be speaking at DevNation.
Here is what he had to say about his sessions …
What sessions are you giving at DevNation ?
“Eleven Ceylon Idioms”, a talk that aims to quickly introduce some
distinctive features of Ceylon’s type system via examples.
What are three takeaways from your sessions ?
- How to think about the common statement that languages with static typing are less “expressive”, and what we can do about that.
- That union and intersection types make static typing much more expressive.
- How and why Ceylon captures null-ness and emptiness within the statically type system.
What do you find most exciting about DevNation ?
This is the very first time we’re presenting Ceylon to a large conference audience in the United States.
What sessions are you looking forward to attend ?
- Bringing transactional guarantees to MongoDB – Paul Robinson
- Building an enterprise app from scratch – Pete Muir
- Hadoop and beyond: architectural considerations for scalable big data storage – Scott McClellan
Do you want to learn more about Ceylon ?
Register for DevNation today, save $150 by using 150OFF discount code.