Ever wondered how to understand multiple Red Hat JBoss middleware offerings ?
Mike Piech (@mpiech), GM of JBoss Middleware Business Unit explains them in a succinct video:
Its structured in three buckets:
Accelerate – Building things faster
- JBoss Enterprise Application Platform provides an innovative modular, cloud-ready architecture, powerful management and automation, and world class developer productivity. It is Java™ EE 6 certified and features powerful yet flexible management, improved performance and scalability, and many new features to maximize developer productivity.
- Red Hat JBoss Web Server is the only enterprise-class web server solution you need for large-scale websites and lightweight web applications. It provides a more secure and a more stable environment of open source web software, like Apache and Tomcat.
- Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio provides superior support for your entire development lifecycle. It includes a broad set of tooling capabilities and support for multiple programming models and frameworks, including Java™ Enterprise Edition 6, HTML5, and many other popular technologies. It provides developer choice in supporting multiple JVMs, productivity with Maven, and in testing with Arquillian. It is fully tested and certified to ensure that all its plug-ins, runtime components, and their dependencies are compatible with each other.
- Red Hat JBoss Data Grid gives you a straightforward approach to overcoming data obstacles, providing the ability to quickly access accurate, real-time information, meet high uptime requirements, streamline interaction with complex and rigid data tiers, and handle unprecedented transaction volumes.
- Red Hat JBoss Portal is a proven solution for building high-impact, self-service applications
Integrate – Pull the pieces together
- Red Hat JBoss Fuse is a flexible, small-footprint enterprise service bus (ESB) that enables rapid integration across the extended enterprise. Integration everywhere – on-premise or in the cloud.
- Red Hat JBoss A-MQ is a flexible, high-performance messaging platform that delivers information reliably, enabling real-time integration and the Internet of Things (IOT).
- Red Hat JBoss Fuse Service Works is a platform that creates reusable, changeable, and flexible business services that hide the complexity of connecting to different applications in your enterprise. It sets the stage for faster and easier cloud applications, mobile applications, and business process development projects.
- Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization is a lean, virtual data integration solution that unlocks trapped data and delivers it as easily consumable, unified, and actionable information. JBoss Data Virtualization makes data spread across physically diverse systems—such as multiple databases, XML files, and Hadoop systems—appear as a set of tables in a local database.
Automate – Automate significant parts of your business
- Red Hat JBoss BRMS is a comprehensive platform for business rules management and complex event processing. Organizations can incorporate sophisticated decision logic into line-of-business applications and quickly update underlying business rules as market conditions change.
- Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite is a comprehensive platform for business process management. It includes all the business rules and complex event processing (CEP) capabilities of Red Hat JBoss BRMS [business rules management system], along with advanced tools and runtime support for Business Process Model and Notation v2.0 (BPMN2)-compliant business processes.
And this is also shown in the following image:
Learn all about it at: